Last Revised: June 10 , 2022
What data do we collect?
When you visit the Site, we may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you (“Personal Information”).
In particular, the Site collects and has collected the following categories of Personal Information from its visitors and consumers:
- Personal Identification Information including name, email address, phone number, location, physical address and billing information.
- Profile Information includes your username, password, password hints and other information for authentication and account access, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, content of the messages you send us including feedback, reviews and survey responses.
- Technical Information includes URL information, internet protocol (IP) address, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our Website.
- Payment Information including your payment instrument (such as a credit card number) and associated security code in order to process your payments if you make a purchase.
- Transaction Information includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Usage Information includes information about how you use our Websites, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Information includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect Aggregated and De-Identified Information includes information derived from the above-mentioned categories that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Access this Site.
- Register online or create an account on our Site.
- Place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Subscribe to our service or publications
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey
- Sign up for marketing information to be sent to you
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
We may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Social networks when you reference our products or services
- Partners or affiliates with which we offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities
- Publicly-available sources such as data in the public domain
How will we use your data?
We only use your Personal Information to perform our contractual obligations with you and when the law permits. We collect your data so that we can:
- process your order and manage your account;
- collect any outstanding balance on your account;
- disclose your Personal Information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Site;
- email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like;
- collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for our Website and to understand more about the demographics of our users. In gathering this information, we are able to enhance your experience when visiting our Website (including keeping your preferences and items placed in your shopping cart between visits) and to provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising.
How will we share your data?
We only share your Personal Information to perform our contractual obligations with you and when the law permits. We share your data with:
- our partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services, if you agree;
- third-party vendors, service providers, contractors and agents in connection with the performance of services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving advertisements, providing mailing services, providing financial services, web hosting, or providing analytic services. These service providers are prohibited from using your information except as needed to perform our work or as required by law, although we may permit them to use aggregate information which does not identify you or de-identified data for scientific research purposes;
- other companies and brands owned or controlled by FPI and other companies owned by or under common ownership as FPI, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e. any organization we own or control);
- our business partners and affiliates in connection with offering you co-branded services, selling or distributing our products, or engaging in joint marketing activities. For example, we may share information about you with a retailer for purposes of providing you with relevant product support or in connection with a warranty;
- when FPI processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
We may disclose your Personal Information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose, we enter into a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We share your Personal Information with the following categories of third parties:
- Subsidiaries and affiliates
- Contractors and service providers
- Third parties with whom we partner to offer products, services and promotions to you
In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose to the parties identified above:
- Identifiers. This category includes a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). This category includes a name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Some Personal Information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law. This category includes age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold Personal Information.
How do we store your data?
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the Website, your information is protected both online and offline according to generally accepted industry standards.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Website page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to Personal Information data. The computers/servers in which we store Personal Information data are kept in a secure environment.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Website, you may contact us at email@example.com.
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies for example with our business partners and affiliates in connection with offering you co-branded services, selling or distributing our products and services, or engaging in joint marketing activities.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you can always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the FPI group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, you can tell us you are withdrawing your consent by:
- Clicking here [Insert Opt-out Link],
- Unsubscribing (just click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any message we send you and follow the instructions – please note that it might take a short period of time to process your unsubscribe request), or
- Sending an email www.freepressink.com, with ‘Unsubscribe’ or “Opt-Out” as the subject of the email.
“Do Not Track” signals
Please note that we currently do not have or participate in any “Do Not Track” frameworks that would allow us to respond to any “Do Not Track” signals in the HTTP header on your browser or mobile application settings.
What are your data protection rights?
FPI would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request us for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to us processing your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- The right to opt-out at any timewhere we are relying on consent to process your Personal Information. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We’ll advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- Lodge a complaint with the relevant regulator if you feel that your Personal Information hasn’t been handled correctly, or you’re not happy with the way we’ve responded to anything you’ve asked us to do with your Personal Information. For EU citizens, HERE’Sa list of EU data protection authorities with their contact details.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at:
Our email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at – 863-670-4825
Privacy policies of other websites
You can easily stop your browser from accepting cookies by configuring your browser’s cookie settings. All commercial web browsers are featured with cookie management functionality. Please check your web browser to find out more how to delete or disable cookies. If you choose to disable cookies, you may face limitations on functionality and a deteriorated user experience.
Protecting the Privacy of Children
Persons under 18 years old are not the target audience for our Website. No one under age 18 may provide any Personal Information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at:
Our email – email@example.com
Call us at – 863-670-4825
Other California Privacy Rights
If you are a California customer, you have the right to receive, once per year, free of charge, 1) the identity of any third-party company to which we have disclosed your Personal Information as defined by California’s “Shine the Light” law for that company’s own direct marketing purpose; and 2) a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed. To request this information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or the mail address set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below. Requests must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided email or mail address.
Additional provisions apply to Personal Information collected by FPI from European Union residents. You may access, update, delete or request we cease the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes by contacting us email@example.com. On receiving the above-identified categories of request, exceptions may apply for data maintained:
- Pursuant to any legal or contractual obligation;
- In relation to resolving, defending or enforcing our rights;
- For accurate business and financial reporting.
Any questions concerning our GDPR policies may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must include “GDPR Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and postcode.
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
Call us at: 863-670-4825
Or write to us: 9 West 69th Street, New York, NY 10023